Wednesday, October 17th, 2007
Sergey Ilinsky has written up an article on an XMLHttpRequest implementation wrapper that provides an equal XHR playground across the various browsers.
If you use the wrapper you can fix things like:
- Internet Explorer: memory leak in XMLHttpRequest
- Gecko: missing readystatechange calls in synchronous requests
- Gecko: unnecessary readystatechange DONE when request aborted
- Gecko: Annoying <parsererror…>…</parsererror> documents
- Internet Explorer + Gecko: duplicate readystatechange OPEN triggered
As part of his work Sergey compared the browser implementations:
And has made his code available for download.
Posted by Dion Almaer at 8:18 am