Thursday, December 17th, 2009
Sanjiv Jivan has released Smart GWT 2.0, a big release for the project.
The core updates are:
GWT 2.0 support
Smart GWT supports GWT 2.0 and continues to remain compatible with GWT 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7. This release is a drop-in upgrade for users of earlier versions of Smart GWT. The API’s of Smart GWT have been very stable and as a result there will be no upgrade cost or migration effort for users upgrading to Smart GWT 2.0
New Enterprise Blue theme and significantly improved Enterprise Gray theme
These themes now closely follow the Vista UI specification and guidelines. Incorporating the new theme is as simple as inheriting the new EnterpriseBlue theme module and does not require any other changes.
And other features include:
- Drop-in upgrade with no upgrade or migration effort
- Multi-Column sort support
- Grid Row Expansion support for
- memo rows
- detail views
- nested editable form
- nested editable grid (useful for representing 1-many relationships)
- any custom embedded component
- Collection of standard Window icons, picker icons and transfer buttons as part of every theme
- Improved Showcase demo with ability to search for samples by keyword. Added several new samples
- Various other enhancements like Date field masks, improved IE 8 and Safari strict mode support.
To see the breadth of the project, make sure to check out the showcase which is very deep indeed. Nice work guys!
Posted by Dion Almaer at 6:00 am