Thursday, December 11th, 2008p>
Although SmartMarkUP is stand-alone, they’ve created a jQuery plug-in wrapper for it. The documentation is quite extensive and includes detailed notes on how to use the editor to edit your own markup.
While the editor has buttons and such to make it easier to manipulate the markup (a la WordPress’ own code editor) the editor itself doesn’t have any kind of syntax highlighting or auto-indent / auto-complete features.
Still, it’s a pretty neat little package:
* SmartMarkUP is completely free and open source
* SmartMarkUP is a small script, compressed version weights only 10kb
* SmartMarkUP is completely skin-able you can fit it’s design with your applications easily
* SmartMarkUP can be used from any other script
* SmartMarkUP doesn’t requires changing of already existing markup or code infrastructure.
What do you think?
Posted by Ben Galbraith at 12:00 pm