Wednesday, May 6th, 2009
Scott Schiller has updated his popular SoundManager 2 library to include new functionality made possible by Flash 9, such as:
* Full-screen MPEG-4 video (HE-AAC/H.264) and audio support
* “MultiShot” play (layered/chorusing effects)
* Waveform/frequency spectrum data
* Peak (L/R channel volume) data
* Audio buffering state/event handling
In addition, SoundManager 2 now includes improved console.log()-style debugging, a troubleshooting/help tool, and the project website sports redesigned documentation, updated API demos, and more examples.
One of those examples is a “360° UI” sound visualization; this is the screenshot at the head of the post. The website features plenty of other demos, including full-screen video playback, etc.
This obviously takes SoundManager to a whole new level and is very exciting stuff.
Posted by Ben Galbraith at 8:00 am