Wednesday, November 21st, 2007
SWFAddress is a small, but powerful library that provides deep linking for Flash and Ajax. It’s a developer tool, allowing creation of unique virtual URLs that can point to a website section or an application state. SWFAddress enables a number of important capabilities which are missing in today’s rich web technologies including:
- Bookmarking in a browser or social website
- Sending links via email or instant messenger
- Finding specific content with the major search engines
- Utilizing browser history and reload buttons
What’s new in 2.0
- Support for multiple Flash movies and Ajax.
- New SWFAddressEvent class with support for INIT and CHANGE types.
- New unobtrusive SEO technique.
- Support for Adobe Flash CS3.
- Support for SWFObject 2.0, UFO and Adobe’s Active Content embedding.
- New strict mode that adds trailing slashes by default.
- New helper methods for link, window and popup management.
- Ability to configure the script with query parameters.
- The swfaddress.html is optional and not used by default.
- Lots of new and improved Flash based samples.
- Various optimizations and fixes.
Posted by Dion Almaer at 7:14 am