Friday, September 14th, 2007
This is a nice list, and after you read it you realise how you would be dancing through fields of grass if it ever happened. That is even true when you look and see that it isn’t an insanely ambitious list! If the vendors just did this, we devs would be in a lot better state.
- Event Opacity: Let me tell you how to bubble
- Long-Lived Connections: Two tabs isn’t enough
- Expose [DontEnum] To Library Authors: Give library authors this, now
- Fast LiveCollection -> Array Transforms: Fast .toArray will work for now
- Provided A Blessed Cache For Ajax Libraries: CDN for all
- Mutation Events: Let libs know when a change happens
- onLayoutComplete: “after onDomReady, but potentially before all images have finished loading, inform us when the layout and geometry have stabilized.”
- HttpOnly cookies: Help us with security
- Bundle Gears: When the open source set of APIs is ready for prime time
- Standardize on the Firebug APIâ€™s: Nice debugging for all!
Posted by Dion Almaer at 6:16 am