Thursday, October 5th, 2006
Richard MacManus has posted on The State Of Web Development – Ajax set to surpass Flash in ’07.
This is in reference to a report on the subject (free preview).
The current stats are good, but take a look at the future. Ajax is here to stay.
What will be the next big thing on the Web?
- Real-time visual 3D view and navigation of a site
- more standards compliance, responsible use of technologies and semantics
- portable information progress
- Paradigm shift: you will not search the Web for information. You will define what you want, and the Web will collect it for you.
- Voice interactivity/navigation
- “…total immersion. Cell phones, PDAs, laptops, PCs, TVs â€“ so many different ways exist to access the Web and more are added every day. The Web is going to become â€“if it hasnâ€™t already â€“ the hub on which the world spins.”
- “Integration of Internet technologies into everyday life that does not involve a desktop or even a mobile/cell/PDA”
Posted by Dion Almaer at 8:45 am