Friday, January 19th, 2007
Alex Hopmann created XMLHTTP back in the day (at Microsoft, while working on OWA).
He has taken the time to ponder the past, and detailed how XMLHTTP came into being.
- How WebDAV was part of the timeline
- “Web Collections using XML”. Huh?
- Pre-Ajax Outlook Web Access was a hack? Nooo…
- XMLHTTP v0.1 wasn’t async
- How do you get it in IE?
- What are the lessons from XMLHTTP?
A fun read. Alex, thanks for your contribution. Without it we would be have the sole choice of Flash ;)
Posted by Dion Almaer at 8:00 am