Friday, November 2nd, 2007
We got our first look at a rewritten Tiny MCE 3 today.
Some of the more notable changes are:
Rewrote the core and most of the plugins and themes from scratch.
- Reduced the over all script size by 33% and the number of files/requests by 75% so it loads a lot faster.
- Added new and improved serialization engine, faster and more powerful.
- Added new inlinepopups plugin, the dialogs are now skinnable and uses clearlooks2 as default.
- Added new contextmenu plugin, context menus can now have submenus and plugins can add items on the fly.
- Added new skin support for the simple and advanced themes you can alter the whole UI using CSS.
- Added new o2k7 skin for the simple and advanced themes.
- Added new JSON parser/serializer and JSON-RPC class to the core API.
- Added new cookie utility class to the core API.
- Added new Unit testing class to the core API only available in dev mode.
- Added new Safari plugin, fixes lots compatibility of issues with Safari 3.x.
- Added new on demand loading of plugins and themes. Enables you to load and init TinyMCE at any time.
- Added new unit tests in the dev package of TinyMCE. Runs tests on the core API, commands and settings of the editor.
- Removed all button images and replaced them with CSS sprite images. Reduces the number of requests needed.
- Removed lots of language files and merged them into the base language files. Reduces the number of requests needed.
- Removed lots of unnecessary files and merged many of them together to reduce requests and improve loading speed.
- Fixed so convert_fonts_to_spans are enabled by default. So no more font tags.
- Fixed so all classes from @import stylesheets gets imported into the editor.
There is also a brand new skin:
Posted by Dion Almaer at 12:55 am