- In case there is a closure that does not end with a semi-colon, “;”, a line break will be inserted when “}” is encountered.
- Redundant whitespace characters (tab, space, new line) will be removed.
- Variable names and function names are replaced only if they are not the member of the class.
- this.x, document.write() will not be replaced.
- Generally, the name after a dot, “.”, will not be replaced.
- Variable names and function names will not be replaced if the token
- is a member of a class as mentioned at #4
- starts with a capital letter (assuming they are classes)
in the exception list. The exception list can be specified in a file
delimiting the tokens with whitespace characters (tab, space), dot
(“.”), comma (“,”), double-quote (“”"), and single-quote (“‘”)
- If specified, tokens in string literals will be encoded into uXXX or XXX format
It is still pretty new, so you have to watch out for issues. For example, it really wants you to use semi-colons after statements.
Posted by Dion Almaer at 11:33 am