- Ability to automatically detect referenced resources such as images, scripts, and stylesheets (including nested @imported stylesheets)
- Automatic detection of network state with corresponding UI/feature changes (also implements .isOnline() and .isOffline() methods)
- Auto syncing of events. it essentially records any user-defined actions and automatically plays them back when the network comes back online
- Graceful fallback if no offline support is available (google gears not installed or not allowed to run)
- Library-independent (does not require dojo, prototype, Ext, YUI, etc) and cross-browser compatible
He has a simple RSS demo that shows the library at work.
I took it for a spin and went online and offline to see how it automatically detects. Also in the video below I take a peek at the code and we see what the definition of “online” means (able to XHR a particular file).
Posted by Dion Almaer at 12:06 pm