Thursday, November 17th, 2005
Jonathan Boutelle has written Flash: what is it good for?, and many people have options on Ajax, Flash, Ajax with Flash, and more.
There are a few things that I would love to see improved in Flash, to make me like it more:
- Integrate with my browsers saved fields. When I go to a site that needs my email address, I hit the first key and my browser auto fills for me. If I am in Flash field this doesn’t happen.
- Integrate events with browser history
- Make it so by default you can copy and paste text. Some apps allow you, others don’t.
- Printing: I printed out a map that was displayed via Flash, and got a blank page. This was from Macromedia’s site :)
- Mac performance: the performance on my Mac is terrible in comparison to my PC. I hope that 8.5 helps there (they claim it does)
They have gone a lot of good things recently such as:
- Adding View Source support
- Making an IDE that doesn’t shove a timeline in a developers face
- Improving the VM immensely (JIT)
Is there anything else that you would like to see in the next version of Flash?
Posted by Dion Almaer at 1:26 am