Wednesday, August 1st, 2007
YUI 2.3 has been released with six new components, as well as a skinning architecture and a new look for the components.
- Rich Text Editor: Cross-browser support has always been a major challenge for RTEs, and we think youâ€™ll be impressed with how well this editor works across the various environments. You can instantiate it with just a few lines of code for simple implementations
- Base CSS: Nate Koechley continues to extend and refine the YUI CSS foundation. Base CSS itself applies consistent and common style treatments for the foundation
- YUILoader: A mechanism for loading YUI components (and/or your own custom components) on the page via client-side script.
- ImageLoader: Allows you to defer the loading of some images to speed initial rendering time on your pages.
- ColorPicker: The Color Picker provides a powerful UI widget for color selection, featuring HSV, RGB, and Hex input/output and a web-safe color-selection swatch.
- YUI Test Utility: YUI Test introduces a flexible unit-testing framework for the YUI ecosystem and serves as the foundation for our own unit-test battery.
Posted by Dion Almaer at 11:18 am