Tuesday, June 12th, 2007
Version 2.4 of ZK, the server-side Ajax framework, has just been released. What’s new in 2.4?
- Load on demand, i.e. won’t create child components until they become visible, saving memory and initial load times.
- Simplified ZUML annotations (for data binding, etc.)
- New highlighted window that behaves like a modal window without suspending the event processing thread.
- Embedded Fileupload component.
- onPiggyback event, that allows the ZK app to opportunistically send back updates “piggybacked” on other events, such as a button click.
You can check out the details here.
Posted by Dietrich Kappe at 7:06 am